Shred and e-Cycle Event
As the world goes increasingly digital, it can be easy to forget that paper documents can still be a major source of identity theft. For that reason, it's important to shred them safely before they put you at risk.
Our biannual shred event is happening again – you don't want to miss your opportunity this fall to shred sensitive documents, e-Cycle old select electronics and, even better, clear away space. Find a location near you and make plans to get there early: We shred until the trucks are full.
- Saturday, Oct. 12
- 9 am – 1 pm
- Everett Memorial Stadium (Aquasox baseball parking lot on 39th street past the coffee stand)
3802 Broadway, Everett, WA 98201
- BECU Federal Way Pavilions Neighborhood Financial Center
(note: this is not the Crossings location)
31411 Pacific Hwy S, Federal Way, WA 98003
- BECU Tukwila Financial Center
12770 Gateway Drive, Tukwila, WA 98168
- Spokane Arena (Enter at the eastern parking lot at 599 W. Gardner Ave off Howard St. just north of the Spokane Civic Center)
720 W. Mallon Ave. Spokane, WA
- Shred up to three grocery bags or two banker boxes
- e-Cycle TVs, CPUs, monitors, laptops and cell phones*
- Shred until the trucks are full
- Bring non-perishable goods to donate to local food banks and help us do some good.
Used Bike Donations
Exclusive to our Tukwila Financial Center location, Bike Works, a local nonprofit and bike shop dedicated to making cycling accessible and affordable to all, will be collecting used bicycles. Bring your bike to the Tukwila donation site and help make a difference to a child or adult in need of two wheels.
BECU employees are onsite during the event to help members shred and e-Cycle. Documents are destroyed by Shred-it, a professional document destruction service with a mobile shredding unit. For additional details regarding the electronic recycling service, visit E-waste in Western Washington and eCycle in Spokane.
*There may be a small fee to recycle other items.
Shredding available until trucks are full. eCycle accepts TVs, CPUs, computer monitors, laptops, and cell phones (there may be a small fee to recycle and other items).