Contact Trust Services
Give us a call: 800-233-2328 ext. 5176
You probably have an idea of how you want your assets handled when the time comes. You can count on our trust professionals to see your plan through. Following the credit union philosophy of People Helping People, we get to know you as a person, not just a spreadsheet.
"As an estates and trusts attorney, I have worked with a number of trust companies over the years. I'm happy to say that I never hesitate to refer my clients to BECU Trust Services. Their trust officers are centered on the particular needs of the clients. I've known them to be sensitive in working with people. My clients have nothing but praise for BECU."
-Madeline Gauthier, Bellevue, WA
BECU Trust Services as your Trustee
If you're concerned about the possibility of family conflict over your assets, naming someone other than your heirs as Trustee might make sense.
The BECU Trust Services professionals understand the complex path of administering trusts. We can help make sure that all legal, tax and administrative matters are taken care of professionally and efficiently. We can also make sure your assets are distributed according to your wishes when the time comes.
Different types of Trusts
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts, including: Special Needs, Settlement Trusts, Testamentary and Inter-Vivos
BECU Trust Services as your agent
If you've been named as trustee, you may find the responsibilities a little overwhelming. BECU Trust Services can act as your agent, guiding you through the complicated and sometimes confusing process of managing legal, financial and tax issues. Our Trust Administrative Committee can help make sense of the trust document to make sure that assets grow appropriately while balancing requests for distributions from trust beneficiaries.
Taking care of business
BECU Trust Services can work with you as your Trustee or Agent to take care of:
- Proper funding of trusts– funding a trust can be complicated. We can assist or make decisions regarding the selection of assets, allocation of assets for multiple trusts and proper titling of those assets.
- Proper distributions to beneficiaries – paying out income and/or principal according to the trust document and helping you avoid increased taxes or legal issues
- Regular accountings – providing accurate and timely reporting of assets and related transactions, which is required by law
- Investment management – managing assets to meet short and long-term needs of beneficiaries
- Trust tax returns – working with tax professionals to manage the complex tax issues related to trusts
Focus on what's important to you while we focus on making your life simpler. BECU Trust Services can coordinate bill payment, tax documentation, rental receipts, eldercare services and more.
Appointing BECU Trust Services as your trustee now can provide your heirs continuity as they transition through life changes and work towards securing their own financial future.
Read articles that may help you navigate your financial future.
BECU Trust Services is a trade name used by Members® Trust Company under license from BECU. Trust services are provided by Members® Trust Company, a federal thrift regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. Trust and investment products are not deposits of or guaranteed by the trust company, a credit union or credit union affiliate, are not insured or guaranteed by the NCUA, FDIC or any other governmental agency, and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.