APY Effective 2/15/2024*
Member Advantage Checking
On the first $500
When we say free, we really mean it: no monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balance requirements, and much more.
Checking Benefits & Features
Member Advantage Checking3
Our free Member Advantage checking account Account comes with 4.07% APY on the first $5004 (Checking account balances over $500.01 receive a rate of 0.10% APY) and many other popular benefits, including:
- Refunded out-of-network ATM Fees (Up to $3 per month).5
- Higher interest rates on CD, IRA & Money Market accounts.
Not sure if you will use your checking account every month, but still want to take advantage of no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements? Then this BECU Checking Account is the one for you.
- 0.10% APY4
How To Qualify for Member Advantage Checking & Savings3
- Sign up to receive monthly eStatements
- Make at least one free electronic transaction per month.6 This can be as simple as depositing your paycheck via auto deposit, paying a bill online or using your debit card.
- Open Member Advantages savings account.3
How to Open an Account
- Apply online or in person at one of our Neighborhood Financial Centers.
- Check out our BECU Switch Kit for help on leaving your existing financial institution and open an account with BECU.
- Existing BECU savings account holders: log into Online Banking and open a BECU checking account.
- Questions? Give us a call at 800-233-2328.
Debit Mastercard Benefits and Designs
Your free BECU Debit Mastercard comes with a wealth of benefits. Use your debit card to make everyday purchases and pay bills. Learn more about your debit card benefits.
When it comes to finances, we're all in it together. BECU is a member-owned credit union, and we're here to make our members' lives easier by saving them money. That's why we offer our members free or low-cost services and competitive rates on loans and credit cards.
By establishing membership with us, you'll get these membership benefits and more:
- Our community involvement programs provide member inspired giving.
Access to hundreds of local deals and discounts.
- Free Financial Health Check.
- Access to free Financial Guidance articles and Financial Webinars and Seminars.
- Annual Reprice Program: BECU periodically evaluates the credit rating of each member with a qualifying loan product. If you've improved your credit score sufficiently, made timely payments and your account is in good standing, you may earn a better rate (if you're not already receiving our lowest published rate).
1Certain restrictions, conditions and limitations apply. More detailed information on these benefits can be found in the Mastercard Guide to Benefits.
2Based on account ownership status and account type.
3To open a checking account, you must establish membership by opening a Member Share savings account or Member Advantage savings account. Business and fiduciary accounts are not eligible for Member Advantage. Limit one Member Advantage checking and savings account per person. Member Advantage eligibility and benefits are subject to change.
4Rates stated as Annual Percentage Yield (APY), effective 04/18/2023 and are subject to change. Earn 4.07% APY on the first $500 in your Member Advantage checking and 0.10% APY on checking balances over $500. Fees may reduce earnings. Member Advantage savings account required to establish membership.
5Refund of out-of-network ATM fees charged by the other financial institution on ATM withdrawals from a Member Advantage savings, Member Advantage checking or Member Advantage money market account. Refund will be made to the Member Advantage account of withdrawal. Account must be open and still considered Member Advantage at time of refund. Refunds processed daily and may take up to three days due to cut-off and posting times. If you share your Member Advantage account with another person, your maximum fee reimbursement will still be $3.
6Qualifying transactions include Debit Mastercard: Make purchases online, over the phone and in person, Online or Telephone Banking: make BECU loan or Visa payments, or transfer funds between BECU accounts, Bill Payment: pay utilities, credit cards, businesses or individuals, Direct Deposit: Receive a recurring monthly direct deposit from your paycheck or other monthly income into your BECU checking account.
70.20% currency conversion fee may be included in the purchase or withdrawal's overall total when using a debit card; however, the fee will be refunded within 3 business days contingent upon the account being open at the time of refund.