Use mobile messaging service Messenger to contact BECU through Online Banking and the mobile app. Messenger is available to consumer members and business members who operate as a sole proprietorship, LLC using a Social Security Number for tax reporting, and clubs, trusts and estates.
Businesses that operate as a partnership, corporation or LLC using an EIN for tax reporting can send us a message through Secure Messages in Business Online Banking.
How Messenger Works
Messenger offers a virtual assistant and Messaging agents. If the virtual assistant cannot answer your question, it will direct you to an agent who typically responds within an hour during business hours. No need to wait online; send a message during business hours and check back at your convenience.
Services Available in Messenger
During Messenger business hours, agents can help you with:
- Activating cards and ordering replacement cards.
- Requesting temporary increases to daily transaction limits.
- Reporting fraud and suspicious transactions.
- Removing Zelle® holds.
You can contact the virtual assistant at any time to:
- Get answers to frequently asked questions.
- Find commonly used forms and links.
- Get help checking your account balances, transferring funds, depositing checks, paying bills and more.
How To Access Messenger
In Online Banking
- Log in to Online Banking, and click the Messenger icon floating in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. The messaging window will appear.
Note: Internet Explorer 11 and older may not work with Messenger, as well as newer browsers. We recommend switching to a newer browser such as Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you need to use Internet Explorer, you may need to refresh your browser cache by pressing Ctrl-F5 on your computer.
In the Mobile App
You don't need to wait online. After you send a message, it will be queued up for the next available agent. You can keep the chat open or log out.
If a BECU messaging agent responds while you're offline and you don't reply within 30 minutes, the system will close the conversation and mark it 'resolved.'. If this happens, you will need to send a new message to reconnect with an agent.
Response times can vary. Although replies can be very quick, please allow up to one hour for an agent to respond during business hours.
You may be prompted to complete a survey after a conversation. We want to hear about your experience in order to provide the best service possible.
Yes, messages are saved for 13 months.
Yes, Messenger allows flexibility in checking messages at your convenience across devices. You can start your conversation on your desktop, and follow up on it from your mobile phone or vice versa.
Yes, you can. From your laptop or desktop, click the ‘+' at the bottom of the conversation window and select Print Conversation.
Usually when Members are unable to view the icon, it's due to browser issues—sometimes individual browser cookie settings block the icon.
- Clear your web browser history and cache, then reopen your browser.
- Make sure you're using a browser or app version compatible with Online Banking and BECU apps. See system requirements.
Still having problems? Give us a call at 800-233-2328 during normal business hours: Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Pacific Time, Saturday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Pacific Time.
Business Messenger in Online Banking
Businesses that operate as a partnership, corporation or LLC using an EIN for tax reporting can send us a message through Secure Messages in Business Online Banking. Agents are available to respond to messages Monday-Friday from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Pacific Time.
Business Messenger on Desktop and Mobile App
- In the navigation menu of Business Online Banking, choose Messages.
- Select Create a message or the pencil button.
- In the Message Recipient drop-down list, add a recipient.
- Complete the Subject and Message fields.
- (Desktop only) If you want to attach a file to the message, select Attach a file. In the dialog box, select a file to attach to the message and click or tap Open.
- Select Send Message when you are done. Your message will appear on the conversations page. Messages will remain in the Inbox until they're deleted or they expire. Printing from Secure Messages is not available.
Please refer to the “Business Online Banking – Secure Messages” section in the Business Online Banking User Guide (PDF) for further instructions.