BECU Debit Cards
A BECU debit card is a convenient way to make everyday purchases, pay bills, and make transactions at ATMs. Funds are deducted directly from your checking account every time you make an in-person or online purchase.
Features and Benefits
Your free BECU debit Mastercard® comes with valuable benefits:
- Global ATM access, including 30,000+ free CO-OP Network ATMs.
- Refunded out-of-network ATM fees for members with Member Advantage (up to $3 per month)3.
- No monthly service fees.
- No foreign transaction fee2 on international purchases or ATM withdrawals (the institution that owns the ATM might have additional fees).
Lost, Stolen or Suspected Fraud
If you lost your card or believe you might be a victim of theft or fraud, contact us right away.
- Call 800-233-2328 during regular business hours: Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Pacific Time. For TTY support, dial 711 to access the Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS).
- Send a secure message. Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Pacific Time.
- BECU debit Card after hours number: 888-241-2510 or 909-941-1398 (collect outside U.S.)
- BECU credit Card after hours number: 866-820-2999. For credit card TTY support 24/7: 888-918-7323.
Replace Your Debit Card
BECU members can replace an existing BECU debit card anytime. No need to call or make a special trip. It's fast and easy.
- Log into Online Banking, select Account Services and choose Manage Your Debit Card.
- Follow the steps to replace your debit card. Your card will arrive within 4-6 business days.
- This feature is only available for replacing existing consumer debit cards – not Business, ATM or credit cards.
- This feature is not for lost or stolen cards. If you have lost your card or believe you might be a victim of fraud, contact us right away.
Manage Your Debit Card
Now you can take care of all your debit card-related tasks quickly and easily with the Manage Your Debit Card feature.4 Simply log into Online Banking, select Account Services and choose a task, including:
For businesses operating using an EIN for tax reporting, you can manage your debit card the following ways:
BECU's Save-Up is an automated savings tool that enables you to build savings by either rounding up or transferring a flat amount into your savings account with each debit card purchase.9
Features & Benefits
- Automatically transfer money into your savings account.
- Increase your savings with every swipe of your debit card.
- You choose the amount: Either round up or select flat amount between $1-$5.
- In 2021, members saved over $2.7 million by using Save-Up. That's over $150 per person.
Keep the Benefits Coming
- Compatible with digital wallet apps (Google Pay™, Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay™ and others).
- Access to several identity theft resolution services1.
- Automatic Billing Updater (ABU) functionality, a free Mastercard service that helps you avoid missed payments when your debit card expires8.
- Mastercard Guide to Benefits (PDF)
1To learn more about card benefits, view the Mastercard Guide to Benefits (PDF).
20.20% currency conversion fee may be included in the purchase or withdrawal's overall total when using a debit card; however, the fee will be refunded within 3 business days contingent upon the account being open at the time of refund.
3Refund of out-of-network ATM fees charged by the other financial institution on ATM withdrawals from a Member Advantage Savings, Member Advantage Checking or Member Advantage Money Market account. Refund will be made in to the Member Advantage account of withdrawal. Account must be open and still considered Member Advantage at time of refund. Refunds processed daily and may take up to three days due to cut-off and posting times. If you share your Member Advantage account with another person, your maximum fee reimbursement will still be $3. Member Advantage eligibility and benefits are subject to change.
4This service is not available for lost or stolen BECU debit cards, business debit cards, ATM cards, or credit cards. Replacing your current debit card online will change your debit card number, expiration date, and security code. You will receive a new PIN in a separate mailer within 7-10 business days, or you can choose your own PIN in Online Banking by visiting the Manage Your Debit Card page. Your existing debit card will be deactivated once you activate your new debit card.
5Only activate the card after you have possession.
6Recurring transactions may still process while the debit card is paused. BECU is not responsible for any fees that may result from recurring transactions that do or do not process as a result of a paused debit card. If your card is lost, stolen, or you suspect fraud, contact us immediately at 1-800-233-2328.
7Departure date can't be more than 60 days from date of initial reporting. Only one digital travel alert can be set during the same time period. If the trip is longer than 90 days, or, if there are multiple account holders traveling at once (e.g., your spouse is on a business trip while the rest of the family heads to Mexico), please reach us by phone or via secure message.
8Once the replacement card is activated, the new expiration date is automatically updated with participating merchants. Cards that have been reissued due to fraud or because of being lost or stolen are not eligible for this service as those cards will have new card numbers. If you aren't sure if a merchant is participating in ABU, be sure to review your stored card information to verify it's been updated and payment is not missed. BECU will not be responsible for any missed payments. Enrollment in this service is automatic. If you'd like to opt out, you can do so by contacting us.
9Member Share, Member Advantage, or Early Saver savings account required to establish membership; not everyone will qualify. Save-Up transfers will not occur if the transfer would take the checking account balance under $100. ATM transactions, deposits, merchant cash back, and Person-to-Person payments do not qualify.