WSU Debit and Credit Cards
Get the credit and debit cards of Washington State University.
The Cards of Cougar CountryWSU fans can now pay with pride using their credit and debit designs. Go Cougs!
More Than Just Membership
- No monthly service fees
- No minimum balance
- Nationwide ATM access 30,000+ surcharge-free CO-OP Network ATMs 2
- Free fraud protection 3
- Discounts, Financial Education and more
For Existing BECU Members
- Log into Online Banking, select Account Services and choose Manage Your Debit Card.
- Follow the steps to replace your debit card. Your card will arrive within 4-6 business days.
- This feature is only available for replacing existing consumer debit cards – not Business, ATM or credit cards.
- This feature is not for lost or stolen cards. If you have lost your card or believe you might be a victim of fraud, contact us right away.
Choose from Two Great Cards
- WSU design on both BECU Visa and Cash Back Visa 5
- Secured Credit Card option available 6
- No annual fee 7
- No balance-transfer, cash-advance or over limit fees
Choose one of three easy ways to switch your current card:
- Visit any of our locations
- Send us a secure message through Online Banking or the BECU mobile app
- Call us at 800-233-2328
Note: Pricing may vary across different card types. For more information on credit card rates and fees, see BECU Consumer Lending Rates & Related Disclosures – Credit Cards
If your application is approved and all required documents have been obtained, your credit card will arrive in the mail within 5-7 business days. You will receive a PIN in a separate mailing within 7-10 business days.
Not at this time; the BECU WSU Debit Card and Visa® Credit Cards are only for consumer accounts.
Please check temporary closures page to ensure your preferred location is open.
See important information about rates, fees and other costs.
1 A Member Share savings account is required to establish membership and not everybody will qualify. A checking account is required in order to obtain a debit card.
2 BECU belongs to the Co-Op network. BECU transactions at these ATMs are surcharge-free.
3 To learn more about card benefits, view the Mastercard Guide to Benefits.
4 This service is not available for lost or stolen BECU debit cards, business debit cards, ATM cards, or credit cards. Replacing your current debit card online will change your debit card number, expiration date, and security code. You will receive a new PIN in a separate mailer within 7-10 business days, or you can choose your own PIN in Online Banking by visiting the Manage Your Debit Card page. Your existing debit card will be deactivated once you activate your new debit card.
5 Approval subject to BECU membership, credit approval and other underwriting criteria; not every applicant will qualify. Credit Card programs, services, rates, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Contact BECU for the most current information. Your APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Please refer to the Credit and Security Agreement for the terms and conditions, fees, and charges, and other information regarding your credit card account.
6 A secured credit card requires a collateral deposit equal to the approved credit limit. The funds will be held in an interest-bearing savings account with BECU and will be refunded to the cardholder upon voluntary closure of the credit card or if the secured credit card is replaced by a traditional BECU credit card product. The funds used to secure the collateral may be used to pay off any balance owed on the secured credit card in the event you default on the account.
7 BECU's credit card rates in effect as of 2/1/2023 range from 12.24% to 26.24% variable APR and are subject to change without notice. The actual APR will be determined when you apply and will be based on your credit worthiness.