Personal Line of Credit Rates as Low As
APR Effective 9/17/2022*
Personal Line of Credit
Life happens to everyone. The best monthly budget can't always remain balanced when an unexpected expense or oversight occurs. Get access to funds when you need it. A personal line of credit is tied to your checking account and gives you overdraft protection to ensure that your debit transactions are approved, and checks are paid. That helps with peace of mind.
A personal line of credit is an account you can turn to when you need extra funds. You can access your line of credit in Online Banking, Mobile Banking or over the phone and transfer funds when you need them.
Features and Benefits
- Emergency cash
- Overdraft protection
- Debt consolidation
- No annual fee
- No transfer fee
Overdraft protection ensures transactions are covered even if you don't have enough money in your checking account. When you spend more than you have available in your checking account, you may get a Non-Sufficient Funds fee (NSF). With a Personal line of credit, you can remove the worry of declined transactions, returned checks and fees. The maximum amount of overdraft protection will equal the credit limit on the personal line of credit.
How to Access Line of Credit Funds
- Access funds from Online Banking, Mobile App, or over the phone.
- If you have a line of credit and wish to increase your limit, simply apply in Online Banking for a quick decision.
- If your checking account does not have enough funds to cover the transaction or check, the money will transfer automatically from your Personal Line of Credit into your Checking account.
- Line of credit overdraft funds transfers will be made in $100 increments (or the unused portion of the available credit limit if less than $100). Interest charges accrue from the date any credit advance or transfer is posted to your account.
Do the Math on Debt Consolidation
Use our easy tool to see how much you could save by consolidating your debts – including auto loans, credit cards and more – at a potentially lower interest rate.
Loan Payment Protection Program
The Loan payment protection program (LPP) provides financial assistance during times of hardship. LPP is an optional benefit offered through BECU.
- Provides minimum monthly [auto, boat, RV, etc.] payments in case of involuntary job loss, disability or loss of life
- Monthly program cost is based on loan balance and package options
- To apply, call us at 800-233-2328 and ask about getting LPP added to your loan
Frequently Asked Questions
A Line of Credit requires a BECU checking account. To apply simply log in to Online Banking and select Apply for Credit Cards & Loans from tabbed options.
You select the BECU checking account you would like to have covered for overdraft protection. If funds are needed to cover a transaction, BECU will transfer them in $100 increments. Or you have the option of transferring funds anytime. Transfers can be made in mobile banking, online banking or calling 800-233-2328.
The minimum payment will be 2% or $25 of the outstanding balance as of the 16th of each month (end of billing cycle). Payments will be automatically withdrawn from the account you designate on the 15th of each month.
Minimum payment amount and due date can be found on you BECU monthly estatements (Statement of Accounts) or you can always log in to mobile or online banking for LOC account information.
No. Interest is charged on advances on the transaction date.
Log into online banking and select Check Loan Status from the tabbed options.