How to Set Up Alerts
Alerts are text or email notifications of account activity to help you stay on top of your finances.
Setting Up Alerts
Alerts can be set up and customized in Online Banking or the Mobile App*.
Steps for Online Banking
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Click Alerts in the upper right-hand corner on the blue bar at the top of the page (if you are not taken directly to the Alerts section).
- Follow the directions; ensure you verify your email or phone number.
Steps for the Mobile App
- Log in to the BECU mobile app. If you don't have the app, download it from the Apple Store, Google Play Store.
- Click on the menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Settings; then Notifications.
- Choose which alerts you'd like to customize by clicking the Edit links.
- Select your delivery method and request a verification.
- Confirm your verification code(s).
Types of Alerts
Just click the toggle button next to the desired alert to turn it on or off. Types of alerts include:
- Exceeded Budget – exceeded a budget that you set up in Money Manager.
- Debt Payment Reminder –payment on an account is due.
- Low Account Balance –account is past a certain dollar amount.
- Large Deposit –successfully received a large deposit.
- Large Expense –made a major purchase.
- Fee Charged –fee charged to your account (out-of-network ATMs, overdrafting your account, etc.).
- International Transactions –international transactions charged to your account.
How to Edit Alerts
Want to change how you receive an alert? How about changing on which account each alert applies? Just click the Edit button when viewing your alerts. You can choose to receive alerts via text message or email, and also choose which accounts you'll be notified about.
Alerts can help you save money and stay on top of your finances. Get started by logging in to Online Banking and clicking the Alerts menu option.
* BECU mobile app is compatible with iOS 8.0 and newer, Android 4.4 and newer and Windows 8.1 and newer. Airtime, roaming, data usage, and minutes of use may be billed by your mobile provider.