Business Resources To Help You Succeed
General Economic Data
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco —
The Twelfth Federal Reserve District includes the nine Western states and is the largest district economically. Visit the site for economic research and information for your region and the nation as a whole.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis —
This site provides a wealth of information, data tools, and publications about national economic trends and policy impacts provided by a panel of highly respected economists.
- Business Impact NW is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) dedicated to serving underbanked entrepreneurs since 1997. They provide coaching, classes, and access to capital for community small businesses, with an emphasis on working with traditionally underserved populations. BECU has partnered with Business Impact NW to provide workshop scholarship opportunities.
- Washington Small Business Development Center is your local resource for expert business advice, management training, and market research. SBDC advisers offer personal one-on-one assistance at no charge. Visit the website to connect with an advisor, explore classes, webinars and podcasts or check out research, and business planning tools.
- Small Business Administration is focused on helping Americans start, build, and grow businesses. The SBA has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, and other forms of assistance to small businesses and also offers an extensive learning center on a broad range of business related topics. The SBA also offers information about aspects of the Affordable Care Act and other government taxes and credits that may affect your business. Visit the SBA Seattle/Spokane District to stay connected with your local administration.
- SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow, and achieve their goals through education and mentorship. It holds events and workshops across the U.S., providing education and matching entrepreneurs with volunteer mentors. The website offers local and online workshops, tools, templates and information about free mentoring opportunities.
Financial Guidance Resources
- Webinars —
Our webinars and seminars give you information about starting and growing your own business, financing tips and more. Check out our schedule to view sessions online, in person or on demand.
- Articles —
Review articles that cover topics ranging from how to secure business financing to managing business credit cards, expanding your business and more.
Tools and Templates
Provided by Washington Small Business Development Center
- Business Financials (PDF) — Understanding your financials and how to use the information they contain is critical for all business owners.
- Business Plans (PDF) — A business plan is your business' game plan and a way to communicate to potential investors and financial institutions.
- Marketing for Small Businesses (PDF) – Frequently asked questions to determine how to take a more creative and coordinated approach to marketing.
- Business Resiliency Toolkit - Designed by the Washington SBDC to help you assess risks and make contingency plans critical to your business' ongoing sustainability or success.
- Small Business Training – SBDC webinars and workshops provide practical, real-life solutions for some of the most common challenges faced by small business owners.