Save-Up Automated Savings
BECU's Save-Up is an automated savings tool that enables you to build savings by either rounding up or transferring a flat amount into your savings account with each debit card purchase.
Benefits & Features
- Automatically transfer money into your savings account
- Increase savings just by using your debit card
- You choose the amount: Either round up or select a flat amount between $1 and $5
How it Works
- Select the small increments from each debit card purchase you'd like transferred into your savings.
- Choose to either round your purchase amount up to the next whole dollar or add on a flat amount from $1-$5.
- Funds are transferred to your savings account at the end of each day.
- You're not locked into anything and can change your Save-Up amount at any time.
Enroll in Online Banking via the Debit Card Management feature.
- Log into Online Banking
- Select the Account Services tab
- Select Manage Your Debit Card
- Select card you wish to use
- Select Enroll This Card
After enrolling your card:
- Select the amount of money you wish to save. This can be funds you'd like to "round up" or a fixed amount to transfer with each purchase
- Select account you wish to transfer savings into
- Click Apply Changes
- Posted debit card purchase transactions (not pending or preauthorization)
- Signature & PIN based purchase transactions, including
- International transactions
- Online purchases
- ATM transactions
- Merchant cash back
- Person-to-person payments
Expand How do I turn Save-Up off ?
Member Share, Member Advantage, or Early Saver savings account required to establish membership; not everyone will qualify. Save-Up transfers will not occur if the transfer would take the checking account balance under $100. ATM transactions, deposits, merchant cash back, and Person-to-Person payments do not qualify. To learn more about card benefits, view the MasterCard Guide to Benefits.