Test Drive an EV at Our Tukwila Shred Event
Electric vehicles (EVs) are leading the way to a greener automotive future. Join us at the BECU Tukwila Shred and eCycle Event on Oct. 22. You’ll have a chance to test drive one of at least seven EV models that will be featured on-site.
There's no better time than now to explore how electric vehicle ownership can benefit you in the future. That's why BECU has partnered with The Washington State Auto Dealers Association to offer you an exclusive EV test drive opportunity at our next Tukwila Shred Event! On Saturday, Oct. 22 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., members can choose from a list of EV car models to test drive:
Audi E tron
S&P estimates that the demand for passenger plug-in electric vehicles is expected to grow 127% by 2026. That's an increase of nearly 22 million vehicles within the next four years. The benefits driving this demand are worth noting:
- EVs are environmentally friendly.
- That's compatible with the global increase in environmental awareness in recent years.
- Their no-fuel requirement means you'll save money on gas.
- Maintenance fees for electric motors cost less than traditional motor maintenance.
- And compared to traditional vehicles, EVs are lighter and have faster acceleration capabilities.
This test-driving opportunity is one of many initiatives that BECU has launched with environmental friendliness in mind. The BECU Foundation's Green Equity Initiative Grant, which awards funds to charities that support green environmental sustainability, is another major initiative that launched in 2022. And of course, BECU's biannual Shred Events invite BECU members to shred and recycle sensitive documents, dispose of old electronics and recycle old bicycles that are refurbished for those in need. *
We also collect cash and nonperishable food donations for the Tukwila Food Pantry.
Plan Ahead for Your EV Test-Driving Experience
Start by joining us on Saturday, Oct. 22 at the Shred Event in Tukwila, WA. We'll be there from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Meet us at:
BECU Tukwila Financial Center
Saturday, Oct. 22
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
12770 Gateway Drive
Tukwila, WA 98168
We'll be in the main parking lot. See you at the BECU EV test driving event!
* Bring up to two bankers' boxes or three grocery bags of sensitive documents to be shredded. A small recycle fee may apply to electronic items such as printers or VCRs.