As a not-for-profit, member-owned credit union, we put our members first. That's why we offer free checking to all our members. Find the services and features you want, all for the price that some financial institutions can't compete with: $0.
Checking Benefits and Features
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee
- No Minimum Balance
- Nationwide access to 30,000+ surcharge free ATMs
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Free Mobile Banking App with in-app secure messaging.
- Free FICO Score
Currently, anyone who lives, works, worships, or goes to school in Washington state can qualify and be eligible for BECU membership. Residents of select counties in Oregon and Idaho, as well as members of partner associations (like UW or WSU Alumni) are also eligible.
How to Open an Account
- Check out our BECU Switch Kit for help on leaving your bank and joining our co-op.
- Visit our Membership page and apply online.
- Apply in person at a Neighborhood Financial Centers.
The Credit Union Difference
Banks collect profit to pay shareholders. Credit unions are not-for-profits, and return money back to members in the form of better rates and fewer fees.
- Learn more about how credit unions are different from banks.
- Learn about member benefits.
- Learn about member discounts.
* To open a Checking Account, you must establish membership by opening a Member Share Savings Account or Member Advantage Savings Account, not all applicants will qualify. Checking accounts opened online may require a $10 minimum deposit at opening.