Visa® Account Updater
What is Visa Account Updater ?
Visa Account Updater (VAU) is a free service that helps you avoid missed payments when your credit card expires. The VAU service updates your BECU credit card expiration date and account number with participating merchants, such as subscription services, online retailers, or utility companies.
How it works
- When your existing card is about to expire, BECU will send you a new one. It'll have the same card number, but a different expiration date.
- Once you activate your new card, the new expiration date is automatically updated with participating merchants.
- Cards that have been reissued due to fraud or because of being lost or stolen are not included in the account updates for security reasons.
- Cards that are reported closed will also be reported closed to participating merchants.
- If you aren't sure if a merchant is participating in VAU, be sure to review your stored card information to verify it's been updated and payment is not missed.
If you'd like to opt out, you can do so by requesting this at a Neighborhood Financial Center, calling us at 800.233.2328, or sending us a message through the Secure Message Center in Online or Mobile Banking.