BECU Foundation ScholarshipsStart Your Application
Every year, the BECU Foundation awards a minimum of 25 scholarships. Each scholarship is $2,500 and renewable for two years ($5,000 total). Eligibility includes:
- Be a member of BECU and primary accountholder at the time of the application submission*
- Be a graduating high school senior or undergraduate student currently enrolled in a two-year, four-year or technical college or university
- Opens January of each year
- Application deadline: February 26, 2021
The BECU Foundation is proud to support Washington State Opportunity Scholars (WSOS). WSOS supports Washington students in high-demand trade, health care and STEM occupations. They offer two different scholarship options:
- Baccalaureate Scholarship for those who intend to earn their bachelor's degree
- Application deadline: February 11, 2021
- Career and Technical Scholarship for those who intend to earn their certificate, apprenticeship or associate degree
- Opens January, May, and September of each year
- Application deadline: February 11, 2021
BECU Foundation Scholarship
Each awarded scholarship is $2,500 and renewable for two years ($5,000 total). With the help of our business partners, member donations, and fundraising activities, we award a minimum of 25 scholarships each year.
Since 1995, BECU has awarded more than $3.3 million in scholarships to 1,246 student members.
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be a member of BECU and primary accountholder at the time of the application submission*. (The account must be separate from a parent or guardian's account).
- Be a graduating high school senior or undergraduate student currently enrolled in a two-year, four-year or technical college or university (students of graduate programs are not eligible).
Scholarships are awarded based on the student's commitment to community service and leadership potential.
- Applicants are required to submit their hours of community service
- Applicants must also respond to short-answer and essay questions related to their commitment to higher education and community service
- Selection is made without regard to applicant's race, color, national origin, religious belief, sex, marital status, age, or physical handicap.
Note: Previous BECU Foundation scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply. The BECU Foundation Board of Directors, the BECU Board of Directors, the BECU Supervisory Committee, the BECU Executive Management Team, the BECU Scholarship Selection Team or any family members of the above mentioned groups are not eligible to apply.
2021 Application Dates
Online applications are available as of Jan. 1, 2021, and close at 11:59 pm PST on Feb. 26, 2021.
Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
The Baccalaureate Scholarship provides up to $22,500 in financial aid support and access to career-launching support services for students pursuing high-demand STEM and health care majors at any eligible public or private college or university in Washington state. The Baccalaureate Scholarship application is open in January of each year.
The Career and Technical Scholarship (CTS) provides up to $1,500 each quarter for the duration of the associate degree, certificate or apprenticeship program from any one of Washington state's 35 community and technical colleges. The CTS is offered in January, May, and September of each year.
BECU members who meet the following criteria are eligible to be named “BECU Foundation Opportunity Scholars” should they receive a WSOS award:
- Must be a BECU member at the time of application
The deadline for both scholarships is February 11, 2021.
BECU Foundation Mission Statement
The mission of the BECU Foundation is to encourage and administer contributions for educational scholarships. The foundation extends the credit union philosophy of people helping people by offering educational support to members and their families. Scholarships recognize and promote service in the community, as well as leadership and academic potential.
2021 Scholarship FAQ
For additional questions, please contact ISTS:
View all of our past and present scholarship recipients
*Member Share, Member Advantage, or Early Saver savings account required to establish membership; not everyone will qualify.