The BECU Foundation is a charitable private foundation which recognizes and awards scholarships each year to qualified student BECU members.
Each awarded scholarship is $2,500 and renewable for two years ($5,000 total). With the help of our business partners, member donations, and fundraising activities, we award a minimum of 25 scholarships each year.
Since 1995, BECU has awarded more than $2.9 million in scholarships to 1,159 student members.
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be a member of BECU and primary accountholder at the time of the application submission*. (The account must be separate from a parent or guardian's account).
- Be a graduating high school senior or undergraduate student currently enrolled in a two-year, four-year or technical college or university (students of graduate programs are not eligible).
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
You May Qualify
Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
Students pursuing a degree in healthcare, STEM, or trade fields may qualify for an additional scholarship worth up to $22,500.Learn More
As a not-for-profit credit union, BECU is committed to social responsibility. As a result, scholarships are awarded based on the student's commitment to community service as well as leadership and academic potential.
- Applicants are required to submit their hours of community service
- Grade point average
- Current transcript.
- Applicants must also respond to short-answer and essay questions related to their commitment to higher education and community service.
- Selection is made without regard to applicant's race, color, national origin, religious belief, sex, marital status, age, or physical handicap.
Note: Previous BECU Foundation scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply. The BECU Foundation Board of Directors, the BECU Board of Directors, the BECU Supervisory Committee, the BECU Executive Management Team, the BECU Scholarship Selection Team or any family members of the above mentioned groups are not eligible to apply
2020 Application Dates
Online applications are available as of Jan. 1, 2020, and close at 11:59 pm PST on Feb. 28, 2020.
BECU Foundation Mission StatementThe mission of the BECU Foundation is to encourage and administer contributions for educational scholarships. The foundation extends the credit union philosophy of people helping people by offering educational support to members and their families. Scholarships recognize and promote service in the community, as well as leadership and academic potential.
Member Share, Member Advantage, or Early Saver savings account required to establish membership; not everyone will qualify.