BECU Envelopes is a digital tool that helps members organize savings into separate categories. You can create savings envelopes for a future vacation, emergency fund, down payment, education — virtually any savings goal you want to achieve. It's an efficient alternative to opening multiple savings accounts.
Benefits & Features
- It's easy to access BECU Envelopes through Online Banking (see image below).
- Organize and monitor multiple savings goals in one account, then track your savings goals (see image below).
- Create up to 12 different envelopes per account, with each envelope dedicated to a specific goal (see image below).
- Works with your existing BECU savings and money market accounts.
- With Automatic Allocation, set up automatic transfers from your savings account to the envelope of your choice. Save time by setting a schedule that makes sense to you.
- Set custom Targets to specify how much money you want to save. BECU envelopes will automatically track your progress keeping you on target (see image below).
BECU Envelopes allows you to only have one account and visually divide up the money within the savings account while keeping only one account.
BECU Envelopes will not affect your existing accounts or any interest earned on the account. Think of BECU Envelopes as a tool that sits on top of your existing savings account to give you additional savings features.
BECU Envelopes is only available for personal savings and money market accounts. Business, HSA, trust, fiduciary, and benevolent accounts are not eligible.
- Access BECU Envelopes through Online Banking.
- Once you're logged in to Online Banking, navigate to Account Services, then select Save with BECU Envelopes.
- Select option to Add BECU Envelopes to your BECU account.
- Select your savings account. If you have multiple accounts, choose the account you want to create envelopes for.
- Select or add an envelope name.
- Choose your savings amount goal.
- Add up to 12 envelopes per savings account.
No, an envelope can have $0 in it.
- Save-Up - Learn more about the automated savings tool that enables you to build savings with each debit card purchase
- Automatic Savings Plans - Learn the benefits of automatic savings and decide if automatic transfers or recurring transfers are right for you
- How to Save More Money - Explore five ways to better understand how you're spending money and learn how to increase your savings
- Understanding Banking Alerts - Get to know how BECU text and email alerts can help you protect against the unexpected
- Debit Card Management Tools - From activation to changing your PIN, take control of all your debit card needs within online banking
- Money Manager - Learn how to track your finances, set budgets, alerts and more, all in one convenient tool
- Nickname Accounts - Get info on how to personalize and organize your BECU accounts
Member Share, Member Advantage, or Early Saver savings account required to establish membership; not everyone will qualify. You must be a Primary Member or Joint Account Holder in good standing with an eligible BECU Account and be enrolled in Online Banking. BECU's virtual envelope application is a digital tool intended to help BECU members establish budgeting goals and visualize their progress toward meeting those goals. Allocating funds in Envelopes is only for budgeting purposes and will not cause any actual money movement in your BECU accounts.