You've applied. Now what? Take the time to prepare for your interview and set yourself up for success with the following tips from our recruiters.
The Path to Employment
There are six steps involved in the BECU hiring process.
(2 - 3 weeks): Add @becu.org to your "Safe Sender" list.
(1 - 2 weeks): Lookout for an email invitation.
Virtual or Onsite Interview
(1 - 2 weeks): Look for emailed instructions on preparing for a video interview.
Reference & Background Check
(1 - 2 weeks): Complete all requested forms online and give your references a heads up that BECU will be in touch.
(1 - 2 weeks): Complete tasks/forms sent by BECU.
New Employee Orientation
(1 -2 weeks): Welcome to the team!
Note: The timeline above is a general estimate. The process could be shorter or longer depending on the position.
Tips from a BECU Recruiter: Sacheen W.
- Become familiar with BECU's values and be prepared to speak about how you would demonstrate them as a BECU employee.
- Showcase your work experience, skills and talents that align with the job description.
- Be yourself. Enjoy meeting the BECU team, as we are excited to meet you. Read up on the STAR Interview Method and prepare to answer questions using this format.
- Tailor your resume to fit the position you're seeking and include goals you've achieved.
- Check your spam/junk folders for BECU or recruitment vendor emails.
- After submitting your application, check the Careers Portal for your application status before reaching back out to BECU.
- Ensure that your voicemail is set up and able to accept new messages.
Get to Know Us
The interview process is an opportunity for you to interview us just as much as it is for us to get to know you. Take time to learn about our history, our giving philosophy, what drives us as a credit union and how a credit union differs from a bank.
A great place to start is by learning about BECU membership.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Application Accommodations: Should you require accommodations required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (the “ADA”) in the application or employment process, please contact BECU Human Resources at 206-439-5729 and select option #1.