You've applied. Now what? Take the time to prepare for your interview and set yourself up for success with the following tips from our recruiters.
The Path to Employment
There are six steps involved in the BECU hiring process.
(2 - 3 weeks): Add @becu.org to your "Safe Sender" list
(1 - 2 weeks): Be on the lookout for an email invitation
(1 - 2 weeks): Notify your references that they will be contacted
(1 - 2 weeks): Plan ahead for sufficient traveling time
(1 week): Be on the lookout for an email invitation
(1 - 2 weeks): Complete tasks/forms sent by BECU
Note: The timeline above is a general estimate. The process could be shorter or longer depending on the position.
Tips from a BECU Recruiter
- Tailor your résumé to the position you're seeking. The more you demonstrate how you made, saved or achieved something, the more compelling it is to a recruiter or hiring manager
- Check your spam/junk folders for BECU or recruitment vendor emails
- Wait 2 – 3 weeks for a response. Check the Careers Portal to see if the status of your application has been updated before reaching out to BECU
- Ensure voicemail is set up, not full and accepting new voicemails on your phone
- Use an email address that is appropriate for work
Get to Know Us
The interview process is an opportunity for you to interview us just as much as it is for us to get to know you. Take time to learn about our history, our giving philosophy, what drives us as a credit union, and how a credit union differs from a bank. Learning about membership with BECU is a great place to start.