Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2023 – Stay Safe Online
We’ve compiled the following resources to help you be aware of trending scams, fraud threats and best practices for protecting yourself online.
Keeping your money and information secure is one of BECU's top priorities. You also play an important role in security. During this month of cybersecurity awareness, learn how to protect yourself both on- and offline, and stay safe all year.
Best Practices for Online Safety
- Use alerts for security monitoring.
- Learn how to spot a text scam.
- Understand why fraud happens and what to do if you experience it.
- Know what to expect when BECU communicates with you.
- Watch out for imposters running social engineering scams - also known as phishing, smishing and vishing.
- Protect your kids from identity theft.
Updated Cybersecurity Training
In just 30 minutes you can boost your cybersecurity smarts to help you spot a scam, protect your identity and secure your mobile device. This recently updated training from KnowBe4, a leader in cybersecurity education, is available free to BECU members. To access the course:
- Visit https://home.knowbe4.com/home.
- Scroll down the page to find the orange button labeled Start the Home Course Now!
- Click the button. On the next page, enter the password: homecourse
2023 Fall Shred & e-Cycle Event
If you're in Washington state, don't miss our seasonal Shred & e-Cycle Event. Bring up to three bags of sensitive paperwork to shred and safely dispose of it – keeping any personal information on those documents out of the hands of thieves. Small electronic items are also being collected for recycling.
Saturday, Oct. 14: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
720 W. Mallon Ave.
Spokane, WA 99201
Saturday, Oct. 21: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
BECU Tukwila Financial Center
12770 Gateway Drive
Tukwila, WA 98168
BECU Federal Way Pavilions Neighborhood Financial Center
31411 Pacific Highway South
Federal Way, WA 98003
1510 SE Everett Mall Way
Everett, WA 98208