BECU Tax Center
BECU Members Receive a TurboTax Discount
BECU is working with TurboTax to offer our members a discount of up to 20%. To qualify for the TurboTax discount, you must complete your taxes using the BECU TurboTax site. Your discount will automatically be applied during the checkout process when you file your tax return with TurboTax. Note: If your discount is not automatically applied, please clear your cookies before revisiting the BECU microsite for TurboTax.
Important Information To Help You Prepare for Tax Season
BECU Routing Number: 325081403
BECU Tax ID Number: 91-0219435
File by: April 15, 2024
Need help? 800-233-2328
Top Tax Questions
Where can I find my current and past BECU tax statements?
Current year tax statements are available in Online Banking on or after Jan. 31. After logging in to Online Banking, click View Tax Statements on the right side of the screen. You can also find previous year tax statements back to 2018. Tax statements in Online Banking can be printed for your records.
If you want a printed tax statement mailed to you (one that may or may not be found in Online Banking or you receive eStatements), call us at 800-233-2328 to request a statement. You can also request a printed copy at any BECU location.
If you are looking for your Interest Summary, log in to Online Banking and select the Accounts tab in the top menu and then choose Interest Summary. This page will display last calendar year's dividends or interest, as well as the current year's year-to-date dividends or interest.
I moved and didn't update my address with BECU. Will I receive my paper statement in the mail?
If you are not enrolled in eStatements, we will send a paper tax statement to the mailing address associated with your account. The U.S. Postal Service will forward tax forms if a forward order is on file.
My tax statement is incorrect. How can I get a corrected statement?
Who has access to tax statements?
Consumers: Only the primary account holder, not joint account holders, can access electronic tax statements in Online Banking. For consumer accounts, only the primary account holder can request to enroll or unenroll in eStatements, which also includes tax statements.
Business: For business, club or trust accounts, any authorized signer for the business can enroll or unenroll in eStatements, which also includes tax statements. After one authorized signer has enrolled the business accounts in eStatements, other authorized signers will be able to access all available electronic monthly statements and tax statements.1
What's the difference between a 1098 and 1099 and what accounts or loans will I receive them for?
Form 1098 is for reporting interest paid throughout the year, typically on mortgages, home equity, or education expenses.
The IRS requires that BECU issue a Form 1098 if interest aggregated for all applicable accounts is $600 or greater. If you did not pay $600 or more in interest on your HELOC or mortgage in 2023, you will not receive a 1098 form.
- Members who paid $600 or more in interest toward a HELOC will receive 1098 tax forms in Online Banking (if enrolled), or through U.S. mail.
- For BECU mortgages, 1098 tax forms will be sent by Cenlar through U.S. mail.
- BECU will not issue a 1098 form for interest paid on loans for auto, boat or RV, even if the vehicle is used as a primary residence.
Various 1099 forms are for reporting various types of income that can't be summarized as a traditional employment wage, including contractor work, freelance work, interest and dividends income, government payouts, retirement account withdrawals, and debt cancellation.
- Members will receive a Form 1099-INT if the aggregated interest for all applicable deposit accounts is $10 or more. We will issue one tax statement for all accounts that use the same Social Security number (SSN) or Tax Identification Number (TIN). The total interest for all accounts is reported in Box 1 on the form.
- As required by the IRS, Form 1099-INT will only one account number is displayed in the account number box on the form. For your reference, the interest received from each account during the year is listed at the bottom of the form.
- If you received more than $10 in IRA distributions (traditional, Roth, or SEP), you will receive a Form 1099-R. We will not issue a Form 1099-R when funds were transferred from one IRA account to another within the same IRA plan, or when funds are directly transferred from a BECU IRA to an IRA at another financial institution because these are considered non-reportable transactions.
BECU's Tax ID number: 91-0219435
BECU's Routing number: 325081403
1Members have accepted and agreed to be bound by the Electronic Communications Disclosure and Consent that governs eStatements and/or online tax statements by using Online Banking.
TurboTax Help and Tax Advice: Access to a TurboTax specialist is included with TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed and TurboTax Live; not included with Free Edition (available as an upgrade with PLUS Benefits). TurboTax specialists are available to provide general customer support using the TurboTax product. Access to tax advice is included with TurboTax Live or as an upgrade from another version. Tax advice is provided only by credentialed CPAs, EAs or tax attorneys. State tax advice is free. SmartLook on-screen help is available on a PC, laptop or the TurboTax mobile app. Service, area of expertise, experience levels, hours of operation and availability vary, and are subject to restriction and change without notice.
The above article is intended to provide generalized financial information designed to educate a broad segment of the public; it does not give personalized tax, investment, legal, or other business and professional advice. Before taking any action, you should always seek the assistance of a professional who knows your particular situation for advice on taxes, your investments, the law, or any other business and professional matters that affect you and/or your business.