Direct-Connect Service Temporarily Unavailable
Updated Oct. 4, 2023 — The Online Banking function that enables a direct connection between your account and Quicken, QuickBooks, and Mint personal finance and accounting services is currently unavailable. Our teams have identified a solution to securely restore the connection and are working to implement it now. We will update this article when the connection is restored.
We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay while we determined and implemented a solution to safely restore the connection through the open financial exchange (OFX).
Set up and Manage the Connection
The process for connecting your BECU accounts with your accounting/personal finance software has changed. To get started, authorize the connection by following the instructions below.
How To Authorize the Connection
To connect your software to Online Banking:
- Begin by initiating the connection request from the software (e.g., Quicken, QuickBooks). You'll be asked to enter your Online Banking login information. Because the connection is not yet authorized, this will produce an error message and send a connection request to BECU.
- Log in to Online Banking. You should see a banner on the Account Summary page indicating there is a pending request to authorize the connection to the software.
- Click the link "authorize or reject it" in the banner.
- For security, you may be required to complete a multi-factor authentication (MFA) challenge before proceeding. Choose between receiving a security verification code to your phone and entering it into Online Banking, or answering a security question you set up previously. Completing the MFA challenge correctly will take you to the next step.
- On the Connected Services page, you will see all pending requests. Click Authorize to permit the connection between your Online Banking account and your software. or Reject to prevent the connection.
- If you authorize the connection, return to your financial software to finish connecting it with Online Banking and select accounts to sync.
You can manage all authorized and pending connections under Profile Settings > Connected Services in Online Banking.
What You Can Do Now
If you need to access your transaction history, you can manually export your recent account activity from Online Banking into your accounting software program by following these instructions.
- Log in to Online Banking to download your recent account activity.
- Select the account from which you want to download activity. Transactions can be downloaded for only one account at a time.
- Identify the transactions to download using one of these criteria:
- Most recent (150 transactions maximum)
- Last month (first of the current month to date)
- Last two months
- Specific date range
- By check number
- By transaction amount
- Export the transaction data by selecting one of the file formats listed at the bottom of the page:
- Quicken (.QFX)
- QuickBooks (.QBO)
- Comma Separated Value (.CSV), for Excel
- You will see a file download message asking you to open or save the file. When you click Open, the .QFX or .QBO file should automatically upload into the appropriate program.