Auto, Home and Renters Insurance
BECU is proud to partner with MetLife Auto & Home®, a leading provider of auto, home and renters insurance, to give our members access to MetLife ChoiceSM, an online tool that allows you to compare services and coverage options from multiple providers to meet your specific coverage needs.
Features & Benefits of MetLife Choice:
- Personalized quotes from highly rated insurance carriers
- Ability to review coverage options and premiums online
- Competitive rates and bundling discounts
- Special BECU member pricing and good driver rewards
Policyholders on average saved $562* on auto insurance with MetLife Auto & Home insurance.
Quick Tip: Do an annual premium check every year.It's easy to compare coverage options and premiums to ensure your insurance is meeting your current needs. Additionally, be sure to inquire about special pricing that may be available to you as a BECU member.
How do I get started?
- Visit MetLife Choice to get started.
- Compare multiple personalized quotes.
- Choose the policy that best fits your needs.
Don't want to get your quote online? Just call 1-844-271-6361 to speak with a knowledgeable advisor.
Auto insurance provides protection for things like accidents, damages and theft.
- Coverages include: comprehensive, collision, uninsured motorist and liability coverage for both bodily injury and property damage.
- Many carriers provide the option to add additional coverages to your policy to increase your protection and peace of mind. MetLife Auto & Home, however, automatically includes both replacement cost for total loss and replacement cost for special parts policy coverages.
- MetLife Auto & Home offers qualified individuals discounts for things like claim-free driving and for bundling home and auto policies. It also offers savings for insuring multiple vehicles and rewards to good drivers that could save them money.
A homeowners insurance policy protects not just the physical structure of your home, but also its contents**.
- Coverage typically protects your home and personal belongings from damage caused by various perils, such as fire, explosion, windstorm, theft and vandalism**. Liability coverage provides financial protection from accidental injuries to others occurring on your property.
- With most carriers, you can opt for added protection beyond actual cash value (ACV) coverage, called replacement cost coverage. This coverage generally reimburses the full cost to rebuild your home, if necessary, subject to your policy's limitations and deductible amounts.
- Buying homeowners coverage may also help you save money when you bundle it with your auto policy from the same carrier. MetLife Auto & Home customers have saved $906* on average by bundling their auto and home insurance.
When you're renting the place you call home, protecting your belongings is important. Renters insurance provides financial protection for things like your furniture, unattached appliances and clothing**.
- A policy protects your personal property from losses due to incidents like fire, theft and vandalism, generally at the actual cash value at the time of loss, unless you purchased optional replacement cost coverage.
- If you can't live in the property due to a covered loss, it would help pay for living expenses while it's being repaired or rebuilt.
- Policies generally provide personal liability protection and medical expense coverage to protect you if someone else were hurt while in your rented apartment or home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question not listed below? Call 1-844-271-6361 to talk to a MetLife Auto & Home representative.
MetLife Choice is a platform offered by MetLife Auto & Home. It is a one-stop-shopping tool that enables you to easily compare auto, home and renters insurance. You can compare multiple competitive quotes online or talk to a representative over the phone. You can compare several highly rated carriers and choose those that meet your needs and budget.
Please do not contact BECU if you need to report a claim. To report a claim, contact the company from which you obtained your policy. Specific information about how to report a claim should be in your individual policy package.
BECU cannot accept premium payments for your coverages. There are a variety of convenient payment options available from each carrier. Most carriers offer a discount for automatic payment options.
Yes, umbrella and personal excess liability insurance (which is similar to umbrella coverage) is available to you. Policies like these can help protect you against costs related to your liability for injuries or damage caused by your ownership of property, among other things. They can also fill the gap in between the liability limit provided under your basic liability policy and any judgment or settlement that exceeds that, up to the limit of your excess liability or umbrella policy. This type of coverage protects you after you reach your underlying policy limits for injuries that others sustain in your home, on your property, and/or from accidents involving your car. It can also provide coverage for things not covered by an underlying policy, like libel, defamation, and slander. For more information about umbrella or personal excess liability insurance, call 1-844-271-6361. These products are not yet available for quoting on MetLife Choice.
*Savings are based on MetLife Auto & Home's 2021 countrywide research of new call center MetLife Auto & Home customers' annual average savings in 2020. Statistics do not reflect sales of the products sold on MetLife Auto & Home My Direct® nor products of other insurance companies.
**Subject to certain exclusions, as set forth by the insurance carrier.
MetLife Choice is used by MetLife Auto & Home Insurance Agency, Inc. ("the "Agency") and other independent agencies and captive agents to provide consumers a broad choice of insurance providers. Coverage may be underwritten by carriers unaffiliated with MetLife Auto & Home through the Agency with its principal place of business at 700 Quaker Lane, Warwick, RI 02886. 1-833-885-4831. CA license number: 0D25399.
MetLife Auto & Home is a brand used by Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company (a MA licensee) and certain of its affiliates: Economy Fire & Casualty Company, Economy Premier Assurance Company, Economy Preferred Insurance Company, Metropolitan Casualty Insurance Company, MetLife Auto & Home Insurance Agency, Inc., Metropolitan Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Company (CA Certificate of Authority: 6730; Warwick, RI), Metropolitan Group Property and Casualty Insurance Company (CA COA: 6393; Warwick, RI), and Metropolitan Lloyds Insurance Company of Texas, all with administrative home offices in Warwick, RI. The Farmers Insurance Group® has purchased all the entities described above. Farmers did not purchase Metropolitan General Insurance Company.
©2021 MetLife Auto & Home. L0920007942 [exp0923] [All States] [DC]