BECU Is All for Spokane
See how we're making an impact.
BECU - Not for Profit, All for Spokane
When it comes to supporting and investing in Spokane, BECU puts our money where our mouth is, then our hearts spring into action.
In 2022 alone, we've supported the greater Spokane community by providing more than $11,900 for community reputation programs and $20,525 in sponsorships – and it doesn't stop there. The BECU Foundation and Philanthropy have awarded $179,350 in grants to the Spokane community.
Whether we're hosting food drives, local sporting events or seasonal entertainment initiatives, we're there with our full hearts celebrating and strengthening all that makes Spokane great.
Take a look at this year's events BECU helped sponsor in 2022, then visit our BECU membership page to learn what sets us apart from the pack of financial institutions.
Spokane Events Hosted in 2022
- Wishing Star Foundation (Wishes and Wine fundraiser gala).
- Post Falls Chamber of Commerce's Connect4Lunch sponsor and speaker.
- Senior Celebration, an appreciation night for Whitworth University graduates.
- Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Cougs First Spokane is a WSU Alumni support event.
- Spark Central; Spark Salon fundraiser gala.
- Centennial Trail Mile sponsorship, a monthly clean-up event that involves cleaning a trail for a length of one mile.
- Post Falls Community Business Fair.
- “I Remember Mama,” a Mother's Day themed fundraiser event with Volunteers of America.
- Post Falls Chamber of Commerce's Community Business Showcase.
- Lemonade Day, which involves lemonade stands at our BECU Spokane locations.
- Spokane Pride, one of our numerous DEI events.
- Champagne and Croquet, a fundraiser for Communities in Schools, Spokane.
- BECU personalized tile fundraiser sponsorship for Spokane Guild Schools and Neuromuscular Center.
- Financial education with Community Minded Enterprises, a substance abuse recovery organization.
- Spokane Valley Summer Theatre sponsorship (Sister Act, show sponsor).
- WSU Campus Picnic (Welcome Week activity).
- Sponsorship of ESBA Annual Banquet/Dinner/Awards (East Sprague Business Alliance).
- Whitworth University's Fall President's Leadership Forum.
- Kalispel Tribe support (Employee benefit fairs).
- Spokane Shred Event.
- People Who Care Awards (fundraiser for “Transitions”).
- Giving Backpacks/Spokane Quaranteam Masquerade fundraiser.
- BECU sponsors “Mardi Gras”.
- Spokane Valley Performing Arts Center's “Good ol' fashion barn raising,” an evening dedicated to raising awareness about the upcoming Performing Arts Center. This event will also be a tribute to the music of Patsy Cline.
- Tom's Turkey Drive (2nd Harvest Food, BECU employees volunteering).
- November VS. Hunger (BECU sponsors a food drive campaign with Spokane Valley partners).
- The HUB Sports Center (BECU sponsors a drive-in movie, Polar Express).
- Nonprofit showcase.
- December Santa Express (employee volunteer opportunity with Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery).
- Program support to Year Round – Northeast Community Center.
For in-kind donations, we also contributed to the following organizations:
- Communities In Schools of Spokane County: serving students and schools.
- Joya Child and Family Development.
- Junior league of Spokane Women's Leadership Training | Junior League of Spokane.
- Meals on Wheels Greater Spokane County: Servings Spokane's Seniors (gscmealsonwheels.org).
And for extra good measure, we supported the Spokane Chapter of Northwest Credit Union Association with proceeds for Children's Miracle Network Hospital Spokane Chapter GoWest | Home - Spokane Chapter of the Northwest Credit Union Association.
We look forward to continuing to make an impact in Spokane. Stay tuned for the great things we'll do together in 2023!