Switch Accounts to BECU
This checklist helps you organize the things you need to do when switching your relationship to BECU. Follow these simple steps and you’ll begin to reap the advantages of membership.
Open Your Accounts at BECU
Join BECU or open additional accounts online or at any BECU location
Order your BECU checks and a BECU Debit MasterCard. You may order checks in any of the following ways:
- Log into BECU Online Banking and select the Account Services tab, then select Reorder Checks
- Call Deluxe, the BECU check provider, at 877-838-5287
- Call BECU at 206-439-5700 or 800-233-2328, and choose the Order Check option
Set up direct deposits to your BECU checking account
- Ask your workplace Human Resources department for a form to have your paycheck deposited directly to your BECU account. Use BECU’s routing number 325081403 when you complete the form.
Enroll in FREE Online Banking, eStatements and Bill Payment
You can do this easily
Switch your automatic withdrawals to be deducted from your BECU account
- Just give your billers your BECU account number and BECU routing number 325081403 when you complete the form.
Switch your higher rate loans and credit cards to BECU
Close Your Old Account
- Stop using your old account but leave enough money in your old account to cover outstanding checks or withdrawals.
- When all outstanding checks have cleared and all automatic withdrawals have been switched to BECU, close your old account. Check with your prior financial institution to see if they require any specific forms to close your account. If you need any form notarized, you can get that done at any BECU location.
Print this checklist for easy access to the steps to follow when switching your accounts to BECU.
Congratulations on switching to BECU!