Free Financial Webinars for Teens
BECU Financial Educators are inviting teens and parents to attend free Zoom webinars on budgeting and banking.
This December, BECU Financial Educators are inviting teens and their parents to attend free, interactive Zoom webinars on the basics of financial education. Topics include banking, budgeting, financial goal-setting and more.
Virtual Financial Reality Fair for Teens, December 1, 2020 | 6-7 PM PST
Enjoy this free, exciting, interactive opportunity to learn from a BECU financial expert. You'll use fun simulation tools to learn real-world financial planning, saving and budgeting skills. Space is limited to 100 Zoom attendees.
- Learn how to make realistic financial choices
- Understand the basics of planning, savings and budgeting
- Know the difference between a “need' and a “want”
Banking 101 for Teens, December 8, 2020 | 6-7 PM PST
Banking services are typically one's first exposure to the financial world. This program will teach you how to cultivate a strong relationship with a financial institution and properly manage a bank account for a positive financial future.
- Ability to explain the difference between banks and credit unions
- Make informed decisions about choosing the right bank or credit union for your needs
- Understand the benefits and services that financial institutions provide
- Learn how to avoid banking fees
- Effectively calculate different types of interest
Budgeting 101 for Teens, December 15, 2020 | 6-7 PM PST
Budgeting is the foundation of personal financial planning. It enables you to manage money by tracking income and expenses. Since every person is different, it is important to know how to create a budget that can be used for your own specific needs.
- Learn the basic components of a budget, as well as how to create and manage a budget
- Understand the different types of income and how taxes apply
- Discover how to budget for expenses and the difference between variable and fixed expenses
- Understand how short-term and long-term financial goals are set and used
- Learn tips for staying within your budget