Enter to Win and Earn Free Sounders’ Tickets
Budgeting and soccer come together in one night on Wednesday, Sept. 27 at the Sounders game versus the Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
Is your teen ready for financial independence? We can help! BECU is committed to empowering youth with the ability to manage their money confidently and responsibly. Your teen is invited to attend a hands-on, interactive budgeting simulation preceding the Sept. 27 Seattle Sounders FC match.
Submit a short essay question and you'll have the chance to attend our Financial Literacy Night. During the simulation, your teen will be faced with real-life budgeting decisions that people face every day; staying within the means of an assigned career, then making decisions based on that income. Your teen must determine housing, transportation, clothing, utilities and other purchases to stay within their budget.
It's an eye-opening and extremely helpful experience for any youth about to embark on the real world!
Learn. Get Rewarded.
Those selected will be given a Sounders' ticket and $10 concession voucher upon completing the Financial Reality Fair. That means your teen and their accompanying adult not only participate in a fun, financial simulation, but get to hang out at the Sounders game afterward – and it's free (parking not included).
Date: Wednesday, September 27
- 5:15 pm Check-in
- 5:45 pm Budgeting simulation begins (please arrive by this time)
- 7:30 pm Game starts
Cost: FREE (Parking not included)
- Each teen and guest must attend the entire budgeting simulation in order to receive their free ticket and complimentary $10 concession voucher.
- The drawing closes Sept. 8.
Who Can Come: Teens (ages 13–19) and a parent/guardian.
Where: CenturyLink Field
- NE Loft 800 Occidental Ave S 98134
What to Expect:
- Create a successful budget using hypothetical life situations
- Decide how to manage your money based on income
- Learn helpful money management skills
Parents/guardians and students must each submit a short essay in their entry. Winners will be randomly selected and notified by September 11. Upon notification, winners will be sent further instruction on how to confirm their acceptance which must be submitted by September 13.
Submit your entry by September 8. Good luck!
I am the child. Can I submit this entry on my own?
- All entries must be submitted by a parent or legal guardian.
Can my parent attend with me?
- Yes, if selected, your parent or guardian must attend the event with you.
Who can I contact with questions?
- BECU Community Relations at 206-439-5910 or firstname.lastname@example.org.