ONLINE BANKING SECURITY
Help protect the security of your account and personal information.
The security of your account is important to us! Please take a moment to update the security options on your account. We may periodically need to ask for additional verification when you log into Online Banking, and will use these security options to verify your identity.
What are your multi-factor authentication security options?
- You can select three security questions and provide answers that are easy for you to remember, but that only you know the answer.
- You can set up convenient text verification with your mobile device. If we ever need you to provide additional verification, you have the option to have a text with a one-time code sent to your mobile device. You will then be prompted to enter that code into Online Banking.
PLEASE NOTE: You can update these security options at any time—simply log into Online Banking and go to the Manage Security Options under your profile.
Create a Stronger Password
Previously, we asked all BECU Online Banking users to create a stronger password. If you have not done so, we encourage you to help protect the security of your account by creating a more secure password that meets the following requirements:
- 8-32 characters long
- One upper case letter
- One lower case letter
- Either a special character or number
- Does not contain your user name, real name, or company name
- Does not contain a complete word
- Is significantly different from previous passwords
Additional Password Recommendations
- Use the longest password you're comfortable using, password length adds significant security with every additional character. We recommend a minimum of 16 characters.
- Combine letters (upper and lower), numbers, special characters to create your password, trying to avoid dictionary words and predictable patterns
- As always, use unique passwords across Internet services, especially financial services.
Call a BECU representative: 800-233-2328, or visit any BECU location.