We're a credit union, a not-for-profit financial institution proudly serving our community and members for over 75 years. Learn more about BECU, our benefits and values and what you'll need to open an account and apply for membership.
- Become a BECU Member by opening a free Member Share, Member Advantage, or Early Saver savings account
- Apply online or in person at one of BECU's 50+ locations
- Live, work, worship, or go to school in Washington state and select Idaho counties
- Live or work in select Oregon counties
- Belong to other select associations
Apply Online or In Person
Applying online takes 10-15 minutes. You will need access to the following documents:
- Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Valid U.S. government-issued ID such as a driver's license or state-issue ID
- Contact information, such as a street address and phone number. You may be asked to provide additional documentation such as a utility bill to validate address.
Plus, you can switch in just four steps - see for yourself with our handy switching checklist.
Need to join in person? Please schedule an appointment. Doing so helps us limit numbers in our centers and maintain safe conditions for our members and staff.
Are you ready to join one of the nation's leading credit unions?