Early Saver Account Rates
APY Effective 12/1/2018*
Early Saver with Member Advantage
Up to $500
The perfect savings account for kids up to 17: the BECU Early Saver youth savings account offers your child a premium interest rate on the first $500 in deposits.
Early Saver Account Features
Here's what you'll need to open an Early Saver account:
How to Open an Account
- Find your child's social security number and bring it with you
- Download application. Get a jump-start on the paperwork by printing the form ahead of time. If you don't have a printer, don't worry, we have applications at all of our locations. As a quick reminder, your child will be the primary on the account, and the parent/guardian will be the joint accountholder.
Stop by a BECU location to either drop off your application or work with one of our member consultants to fill it out.
Alternatively, you can mail in your completed application to: PO Box 97050, Seattle, WA 98124-7650.
Questions? Give us a call at 800-233-2328
Tips for Raising Money-Smart Kids
- It's important to talk with your kids about money. A simple conversation using real-life examples from your own life can help. Check out our Teen Money Guide: The Next Big Talk
- Try giving your kids a digital allowance. It's a great way to teach both money management skills and how to use online banking tools. Read more with our article: Allowance Goes Digital
- Create a household budget and set financial goals with your teens. Money Smart Teens
Open Account Details
Step 1: Download and fill out application for a BECU Early Saver Youth Savings Account
Step 2: Submit application either in person at a BECU Location or via Mail at PO Box 97050, Seattle, WA 98124-7650
Question? Drop by a location, or schedule a time to talk to a BECU Member Consultant or give us a call at 800-233-2328
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield; rates subject to change, fees may reduce earnings. An Early Saver account is required to establish membership. Balances $500.01 and above receive a rate of .10% APY. See Account Disclosure for details.
**Online Banking and eStatements are not available to anyone under 13 years old; eligibility and benefits subject to change.
***To open a checking account, you must establish membership by opening a Member Share Savings, Member Advantage Savings, or if under 18 years old, an Early Saver Account.
**** Example above is based on: the indicated balance remaining in the account for the duration of one year with no withdrawals; monthly compounding; and the following annual percentage yields: 6.17% for the first $500 and 0.10% thereafter. Actual rates and benefits subject to change, fees may reduce earnings, early withdrawal penalties may apply. The information above is provided for educational and illustrative purposes only. The accuracy of the calculations and their applicability to your circumstances are not guaranteed.